BruCERT has received a report of a phishing scam involving Brunei Postal Services Department. An SMS message which appears to be from "Brunei Post" informs the recipient that their package has been relocated to a post office branch due to unpaid postage fees. The message includes a shortened link that will redirect the user to a fake website post-bn.com where they will be asked to enter their full name and credit card details.
- Identity theft
- Financial loss through compromised credit card details
- Do not click on any unexpected links received by SMS, WhatsApp, or social media.
- Check whether the link's URL exactly matches the official web address of the organization.
- Verify with the local post office for any pending packages.
- Do not give out personal or confidential information to anyone you are not familiar with.
- Make sure to use only the official government website gov.bn for any matters involving the sharing of personal information.
- If a message or email seems suspicious, report it to the respective organization