The spyware "Pegasus" reportedly target more than 1,400 individuals which victims include journalists, human rights activists, political dissidents, and diplomats.The scary part of this spyware is that there is no link to click but hacker will simply call the victim WhatsApp number and the malware payload will directly be injected once the call is answered.
Any device with WhatsApp installed
Lost of files and information stored in the device.
- Do not answer calls from any unknown or suspicious numbers
- Do not forward any confidential or official information through WhatsApp
- Limit yourself from storing any valuable information in your mobile devices
- Always backup your data (mobile devices)
- Install antivirus or antispyware and remember to update/patch
- Update the latest version of WhatsApp application