Many organizations and schools have moved to online platforms due to the global Covid-19 pandemic situation. One of the popular online platforms being used for communications is Microsoft Teams.
- Use of weak passwords may lead to compromised account and personal information.
- Allow unauthorized user access to the document
- Cover your webcam when it is not in use.
- Always patch your operating systems and antivirus.
- Block any suspicious contacts immediately
- Back up your data frequently, preferably in an offline location
- Use encryption for file sharing
- Confidential files should be sent by encrypted email (PGP) rather than through Teams.
- Save the installer into a newly created directory and confirm there are no unrelated files in the directory then invoke the installer.
- Make sure there are no suspicious files in the directory where the installer is saved.
- If your organization uses shared directories to place installers for organizational operations, make sure that the shared directory is set read-only for non-administrative users.
- Download the latest version of Microsoft Teams.
- Make sure to download from trusted resources.